[xmonad] Can't use any of the contrib modules

wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Sep 19 15:48:29 CEST 2011

Quoting Anthony Campbell <ac at acampbell.org.uk>:

> On 19 Sep 2011, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> getting an "out of scope" error until I replaced defaultTConf with
> defaultTheme. The xmonad.hs now reads:
> I think the documentation should  be ameneded to include this change?

This is exactly what I changed with the patch I pushed (+ a few other
inconsistencies elsewhere), and exactly the change I suggested three
days ago (along with several others). Note that the website does not
show the documentation from darcs xmonad, but from the latest release
of xmonad. Please "darcs pull", then rebuild the documentation locally
on your machine to see the change.

The indentation problems suck, I agree, but there's very little we can
do about that: we really want to typeset the Haskell code distinctly
from the commentary, and indentation is one commonly-accepted way to
make the distinction. All the Haskell code should be at the same
indentation level, so that a complete copy-and-paste should work; I'm
sorry that it didn't for you.

~d