[xmonad] Desktop Environment Integration

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 23:47:32 CEST 2012

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 00:14:25 -0400, Sean Allen wrote:
> I'd love to see them.
>
> I spent years in slackware and what not when I was younger but frankly, got
> tired of it and wanted to move on to new things.
> Now though, gnome, xfce et al have gotten so bad, I'm seriously considering
> mucking about on levels that I don't really care about.

=== BEGIN === /etc/auto.master (edited)
/mnt/auto     /etc/auto.auto     timeout=2
/mnt/mapper   /etc/auto.mapper   timeout=2
/mnt/usb      /etc/auto.usb      timeout=2
/mnt/usb/fat  /etc/auto.usb.fat  timeout=2
/mnt/usb/ntfs /etc/auto.usb.ntfs timeout=2
/mnt/cdrom    /etc/auto.cdrom    timeout=15
===  END  ===

=== BEGIN === /etc/auto.auto (edited)
foo    -fstype=auto,rw,noexec,relatime,nodev :UUID=XXXX
bar    -fstype=auto,rw,noexec,relatime,nodev :UUID=XXXX
===  END  ===

=== BEGIN === /etc/auto.mapper
* -fstype=auto,rw,noexec,relatime,nodev :/dev/mapper/&
===  END  ===

=== BEGIN === /etc/auto.usb
* -fstype=auto,rw,noexec,relatime,nodev :/dev/&
===  END  ===

=== BEGIN === /etc/auto.usb.fat
* -fstype=vfat,uid=$UID,gid=$GID,rw,noatime,noexec,nodev :/dev/&
===  END  ===

=== BEGIN === /etc/auto.usb.ntfs
* -fstype=ntfs,uid=$UID,gid=$GID,rw,noatime,noexec,nodev :/dev/&
===  END  ===

=== BEGIN === /etc/auto.cdrom
cdrom -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/cdrom
cdrw  -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/cdrw
dvd   -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/dvd
dvdrw -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/dvdrw

You then just change to the directory and things are automatically
mounted. Unmounting before the timeout happens requires root (which is
the main reason I'm looking at udisks to replace autofs).

The fat and ntfs specializations are there because of the owner issue.

--Ben