[xmonad] XMonad Efficiency

Allen S. Rout asr at ufl.edu
Tue Apr 17 20:07:34 CEST 2012

On 04/17/2012 01:23 PM, Norbert Zeh wrote:
> Well, actually that never happened to me.  From the user's point of view, focus
> switching is snappy unless I increase the number of windows to an unreasonable
> 100+.

..?  I've currently got 26 workspaces, some of which only have one
window, but many of which have 4 or more.  I'm probably going to have
upwards of 40 before my count really stabilizes.  Do you really think
that's simply "unreasonable" ?

The thought that someone at the window-manager level ought to be saying
"oh, it's simply unreasonable to do more than <X>" with other than stark
technical reasons... well, it raises my hackles something fierce.

- Allen S. Rout