[xmonad] list of visible workspaces

Bryan Huh bhh1988 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 20:42:11 CEST 2012

I see. That solved that problem, but now I get an error saying:

     Couldn't match expected type `W.Workspace i l a'
            against inferred type `W.Screen
                                     WorkspaceId (Layout Window) Window
ScreenId ScreenDetail'
     In the first argument of `(:)', namely `W.current ws'
     In the second argument of `($)', namely
         `W.current ws : W.visible ws'
     In the second argument of `notElem', namely
         `(map W.tag $ W.current ws : W.visible ws)'

and also in the line where I use viewHidden:

     Couldn't match expected type `X ()'
            against inferred type `W.StackSet WorkspaceId l a s sd
                                   -> W.StackSet WorkspaceId l a s sd'
       Expected type: (WorkspaceId -> X (), t)
       Inferred type: (WorkspaceId
                       -> W.StackSet WorkspaceId l a s sd
                       -> W.StackSet WorkspaceId l a s sd,
                       KeyMask)
     In the expression: (W.shift, shiftMask)
     In the expression: [(viewHidden, 0), (W.shift, shiftMask)]

I think the second error is probably because of the first, which seems
to be a type mismatch. Is there a quick fix for this?

Thanks for your help,
Bryan