[xmonad] Patch: changes in Prompt and new module

Carlos López Camey c.lopez at kmels.net
Sat Aug 11 17:36:37 CEST 2012

2012/8/2 Carsten Mattner <carstenmattner at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:45:19 +0200, Carlos López Camey <c.lopez at kmels.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I meant XMonad.Actions.Launcher in the patch. Thoughts, suggestions and
>> nerd-rage are very welcome.
>

> Hi Carlos,
>
> can you explain this in more detail?
>
> What would I do differently?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carsten

Hello Carsten,

The module is a prompt, like Prompt.Shell, where you can change
between more prompts ("modes"). Currently there are 4 modes:

 - search hoogle (requires local install). It opens a haddock
documentation on a browser.
 - search files with locate. It opens a file with a desired program,
depending on its extension.
 - search files with locate --regexp. Like the one above, but
autocompletion takes regex.
 - calculator (requires `calc` installed), only autocompletes
arithmetic expressions.

If you would like to try it, you can check the usage notes in the
haddock documentation, which I'm attaching

By the way I think I fixed the bug with alwaysHighlight. I will send
it now to the list, I hope everything works for you now.

Cheers!
 Carlos