[xmonad] Can I switch layouts based on number of windows in a workspace?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 20:01:33 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Jeffrey David Johnson <jefdaj at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Thanks, I'll read through this and try to figure it out when I get a
> chance (maybe later today). In the meantime I get a compile error:
>
> jefdaj at acro:~/.xmonad$ ghc --make OnlyFor.hs
> [1 of 1] Compiling XMonad.Layout.OnlyFor ( OnlyFor.hs, OnlyFor.o )
> OnlyFor.hs:60:64:
>     `m' is applied to too many type arguments

*sigh* sorry, thought that was already fixed in that copy of the source.
 (this is why I retracted original patches and am not releasing until I can
get my working environment back going....)  ghci should be correct.

> onlyFor
>   :: HowMany
>      -> m
>      -> l a
>      -> XMonad.Layout.LayoutModifier.ModifiedLayout (OnlyFor m) l a
>
> Does that look reasonable? m is One | Multiple, l is the LayoutModifier
> and a is the Layout right?

"m" is the layout modifier to be applied, "l a" is the layout modifier to
apply it to, "a" is instantiated to Window in xmonad and to a dummy when
running pure tests.