[xmonad] Issue 177 in xmonad: xmonad does not follow ICCCM and ignores WM_TAKE_FOCUS protocol

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Aug 29 19:31:05 CEST 2012

Comment #106 on issue 177 by james.r... at gmail.com: xmonad does not follow
ICCCM and ignores WM_TAKE_FOCUS protocol

> James, would you mind to post your xmonad setup?

See attached xmonad.hs. I installed xmonad and XMonadContrib directly from
a darcs checkout. Here's the steps I took (assumes ghci, cabal, and darcs
installed).

   darcs get http://haskell.org/xmonad
   cd xmonad && darcs apply
~/Downloads/track-currently-processing-event.dpatch # from comment 33
   cabal install
   cd .. && darcs get http://haskell.org/XMonadContrib
   cd XMonadContrib && sed -i -e '/XMonad.Hooks.ICCCMFocus/d'
xmonad-contrib.cabal
   cabal install

I confirmed it by running xmonad --recompile with the old "import
XMonad.Hooks.ICCCMFocus" line in my xmonad.hs - it should error. Remove the
import and 'logHook = takeTopFocus' and it should work.

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  9.9 KB