[xmonad] Visual hints for XMonad actions

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 02:49:28 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Mario Pastorelli
<pastorelli.mario at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wrote a patch for xmonad-contrib 0.10.1 to include an action to show some
> text in the centre of the screen. The patch is based on
> XMonad.Layout.ShowWName (thank you again Brandon Allbery) but it is an
> action and not a layout modifier. In this way it could be used to show some
> text when a key is pressed, for example. It includes an event handler to
> destroy the window after the timeout.

Hi Mario,

I applied your patch. I also changed the type of handleTimerEvent to
get the example code to typecheck: probably it will also work if the
first mempty I added were a `return (All False)'.

Maybe it's useful to put more (all?) arguments of flashText into the
ShowTextConfig?

--
Adam