[xmonad] Release?

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 17:31:25 CET 2012

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Carsten Mattner
<carstenmattner at gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I see I believe it's decided with a consensus after whoever
> does the required work of going through the bug tracker, write Changelog,
> NEWS, and release notes.
>
> What's holding up a release with current darcs before the year ends?
> Does anybody have concerns with the reliability or backwards compatibility
> of the code found in darcs as of today?

Hi Carsten,

There might be some easy things to fix to get xmonad & contrib to
build with older ghcs. For example, things like "import
Control.Exception" can easily be changed to "import
Contol.Exception.Extensible", if that's the only change necessary to
maintain compatibility with something as old as ghc-6.12.

I've listed some highlights for the release I'll hopefully get out
today: http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Notable_changes_since_0.10

Other things to remember for the release are listed in:
http://code.haskell.org/xmonad/TODO

Adam