[xmonad] Is it possible to reset Xmobar without restarting Xmonad?

Leo Alekseyev dnquark at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 16:49:43 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your suggestions!

After playing around with the config a little more, I conclude that
xcompmgr is definitely the culprit behind destroying window
configurations on xmonad restart.

Latest xmobar from github does indeed handle screen rotations well!
It didn't build under my version of GHC, so I had to upgrade
everything to 7.0.4.  Also, for the life of me, I can't get the xft
font support to work; I was building things like so:
cabal install xmonad-contrib --flags="-use_xft" --reinstall
(and in the xmobar source dir:)
cabal configure --flags="-with_xft"
cabal install --flags="-with_xft"

Am I missing something?