[xmonad] Power Management

Eyal Erez oneself at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 17:03:44 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm using xmonad 0.10 with Ubuntu 11.10.  I've switched to using SLiM and
starting xmonad from my .xsession file.

The problem is that I can't get power management to work.  Meaning, that
when I close my laptop lid, I would like the laptop to suspend, but not if
it is plugged in.  I would also like to have a command (or key) to suspend
and hibernate my laptop.

In previous versions I would use the gnome-power-manager.  However, that
has seemed to disappear from the latest version of Ubuntu.  Is there some
way to get this back or some other power manager I need to use?

Thank you,

--
*Eyal Erez <**oneself at gmail.com* <oneself at gmail.com>*>*

There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't.