[xmonad] Debugging X events

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Tue Jan 31 11:50:17 CET 2012

Hello,

I've got a rich set of keybindings in my XMonad configuration, which
includes multiple-modifier combinations such as M-C-S-. It all works
beautifully on my main machine, but there are problems when running
the same configuration on a netbook.

I've used xev to analyse the problem and made the following
observations:

+ M-S-<any normal key> works the first time, but SHIFT must be
  released (and may be pressed again) if <any normal key> is to be
  detected again.

+ with M-C-S- held down, <any normal key> is not detected at all,
  though it you keep pressing it repeatedly it will eventually be
  deteted after some seemingly random number of presses.

Any ideas how to go about trying to understand why this is happening
and how to fix it?

Thanks.