[xmonad] ManageHook and child windows

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 00:44:40 CEST 2012

>  > Now, I checked the code and noticed a  getTransientForHint being used
> > check for this. Is there a way to add the above to it?
> Did you have success? I'm having the same problem... each time firefox
> spawn a window it appears in a fixed workspace (which is not always
> the same that I'm using it), also most of them are dialogs, but they
> tend to tile themselvs which is umconfortable.

 I started to rework the transients at one point with the above in mind,
buit it caused very odd breakages.  I never did get the chance to track
down exactly what was going on, and at this point I can't do so :(

My best luck with Firefox was to doFloat windows whose appName was
"Toplevel" (a bit of laziness on the Firefox devs' part...)