No subject

Thu Jul 5 12:38:43 CEST 2012

grouping, sticking with the philosophically pure structure while
everyone else is getting work done on the other side of the wall.
Heretofore, I shrugged, and thought "Not my project, they like the tools
they've got, more power to them."   But since the topic is open...

I'd find it easier to interact with the project if I only had to fight
with the language, instead of fighting with the VC and the language both.

I expect the other poorly-initiated folks have a similar perception:
using The Philosophically Correct Haskell VC registers mostly as
additional learning curve to participate.

Take a look at the google trail of darcs vs. git;  it peters out in
2010.  I haven't done surveys, but I attribute this to GHC dropping
darcs in favor of git.   Here's what they had to say about it.

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/DarcsEvaluation

I'd recommend shifting to something that feels comfortable to the
average young nerd who stumbles across XMonad on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_window_manager

because that's who we want to take an interest and hack.

- Allen S. Rout