[xmonad] xmobar disappears

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 04:25:14 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Michael Norrish <
michael.norrish at nicta.com.au> wrote:

> When I restart xmonad with a M-q command my xmobar disappears.  There's an
> xmobar process running and it's not obviously blocked.  (strace shows it
> doing things, including recvfrom and writev both with non-zero positive
> return codes).

Given that you're using the Ubuntu Gnome/Xmonad session, it's trapped under
the nautilus desktop window.  You probably want to set "lowerOnStart =
False" in ~/.xmobarrc.  If this isn't sufficient and you need to actively
raise it, something like this in the ManageHook might work:

    appName =? "xmobar" --> liftX . withDisplay . (io .) . flip raiseWindow
=<< ask