[xmonad] Patch: changes in Prompt and new module

Carlos López Camey c.lopez at kmels.net
Fri Jun 29 00:58:34 CEST 2012

Hello,

please find attached the following patch.

I have a question in case it gets applied. I'd like to improve the
mode to search for files (locate isn't fast/good enough). So far I
thought of tracker [0] and recollq [1] but as noted none seemed 100%
right. I thought of loading the db written by 'updatedb' in the memory
[2] but I don't know if that's acceptable as xmonad tries to stay
lightweight.

cheers,
 Carlos

[0] it would be fast, but it needs to add dbus as a dependency
http://projects.gnome.org/tracker/
[1] the query language doesn't apply to file *names* only (it works to
search for terms *in* files) http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/
[2] my mlocate.db is 37M for a 1.5TB disk

Comments on the patch:
-------------
2 patches for repository http://code.haskell.org/XMonadContrib:

Thu Jun 28 12:17:49 CEST 2012  c.lopez at kmels.net
  * Changes on XPrompt:

      * Adds mkPromptWithModes, creates a prompt given a list of modes
(list of XPType).

      * Adds Setting `alwaysHighlight` to defaultXPConfig. When set to
true, autocompletion always highlight the first result if it is not
highlighted.

  Adds module XMonad.Actions.Launcher. This module allows to combine
and switch between instances of XPrompt. It includes a default set of
modes which require the programs `hoogle`, `locate` and `calc` to be
installed to work properly.

Thu Jun 28 13:45:33 CEST 2012  c.lopez at kmels.net
  * Removes warnings, adds a browser value for LauncherConfig in
haddock comments