[xmonad] udiskie+consolekit and still unauthorized access

Robert Sawko robertsawko at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 02:56:39 CET 2012

Dear All,

I am a fresh user of xmonad. A month ago I installed Arch and decided to
give xmonad a try. So far the experience was great and I really don't
feel like "coming back" at least when it comes to personal computer.

I believe I can already do most of the things I need to do, but now I am
trying to make the system a bit more convenient. One of the things on my
todo list is automounting file system

It has to be said that I got a little bit stuck with that. I would like
to use udiskie. I read on Arch websites about permissions and necessity
of installing consolekit.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udiskie

I've done that and currently my last line of .xinitrc is

exec ck-launch-session bash -c "udiskie&  dwm"

Unfortunately when I run this my log files show only
failed to mount device /org/freedesktop/Udisks/devices/sdb1: org.freedesktop.Udisks.Error.PermissionDenied: Not Authorized

What am I doing wrong? I have a feeling that I am missing something important. Have you been able to run xmonad together with udiskie. Any hints or assistance will be greatly appreciated. By the way, are there any better alternatives?

Robert

PS I have also checked that the storage option works for me, although CDs are not automounted still.