[xmonad] gap between window and statusbar (xmobar)

Sun Mar 18 15:56:07 CET 2012

It took me quite a while to answer your mail, it was busy weekend for me. I'm sorry.

On Fri, 16. Mar 12:52, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> > On Fri, 16. Mar 09:02, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> >
> > You're spawning the bottom one with spawnPipe, which is wasteful and not
> > > entirely effective (if your intent was to have the bottom bar go away
> > when
> > > xmonad is restarted like the top one does, it won't work; the bar has to
> > > actually use a StdinReader or it won't notice).
> >
> > Yeah, that's right. So what's the more appropiate way to run two
> > xmobar-instances?
> >

> Typically standalone ones are run independently of xmonad since there's no
> reason to respawn them on cmd-q (unlike the ones being fed from DynamicLog,
> like your top xmobar, which *must* be respawned every time xmonad is
> restarted).

You were right. There were multiple instances of xmobar running. I fixed that one :)

> > Doesn't appear to be an xmonad problem; you didn't provide your .xmobarrc
> > > files, so can't tell from there.  It might also be a bug in xmobar,
> >
> - http://hpaste.org/65409
> >

> Still doesn't appear to be anything wrong.  Are you sure you're not seeing
> the space (typically 1-2px) left for descenders in the font?  Perhaps a
> screenshot would help.

Here you are: http://postimage.org/image/cnz6xcnhp/

Maybe you're right and it is the space left for descenders I'm seeing.

Greetings,
1126