[xmonad] X.H.FadeInactive: Better support for multi monitor setups

Jesper Reenberg jesper.reenberg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 23:28:24 CEST 2012

On 31 March 2012 02:27, Ben Boeckel <mathstuf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what happens if you continually switch between windows
> on a single workspace? With the current fade hook, the factor keeps
> getting multiplied (switching focus between windows A and B when C
> exists makes C fade to nothing after lots of switches).

I have never experienced that, an I must say that I got borred after a
minute trying to replicate what you mention, without any noticeable effect
(Only switching between window A and B, window C didn't get more
transparent). I don't see (from a quick look) any way that the code would
allow the opacity to change if lots of switches happen.

> If that's fixed, it should probably be ported back to fadeInactive as
> well (a different patch if so).

It is implemented the exact same way as fadeInactiveLogHook (using
"fadeOutLogHook . fadeIf").

--
Reenberg