[xmonad] Still seeing Java gray screens after applying patch from Issue 177

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 01:45:24 CET 2012

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Sean Neilan <sean at seanneilan.com> wrote:

> Hot damn! That worked. I didn't have to use Ewmh. Just set the WMName to
> LG3D.

That's interesting; I had hoped they'd moved past that hardcoded list.  :(
 On the other hand, there is only one standard protocol I'm aware of that
exposes the difference between reparenting and nonreparenting window
managers in any way, and even with EwmhDesktops we don't support it.  (And
that's not its real purpose, so if we obeyed the protocol things might
still be broken.)

unix/linux, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure          http://sinenomine.net