[xmonad] A community-driven effort to make XMonad better and better

Johan Brinch brinchj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:08:33 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Alfredo Di Napoli
<alfredo.dinapoli at gmail.com> wrote:
> While you are discussing this, people are asking for months the Java patch
> to be incorporated into the xmonad:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=177
>
> Incidentally, I had to patch the code myself, despite my efforts to contact
> Adam to fix things. In your opinion, why this patch hasn't been incorporated
> yet? Mine is that is over complicated to do so, and a system LIKE Github
> (can be also Bitbucket or whatever) lowers the contribution bar at the
> point whoever can simply code, patch and pull-request.

I agree with this statement. It's important that it's easy to
contribute to the project. The time it takes from a patch to be
written, to it being reviewed and tested by others has to be short.

Also, let's bring in some of the politeness from the Haskell-Cafe
mailing list ;-)

--
Johan Brinch