[xmonad] Hide xmobar under windows

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 18:38:36 CEST 2012

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Eric Velten de Melo <ericvmelo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok, I am pretty sure this should not be too complicated to do, but
> I've been trying many ways to hide the xmobar under the windows and so

You're using the "ewmh" combinator, so you're getting avoidStruts from
that; your avoidStrutsOn is therefore redundant and useless.  You'll need
to remove it and use the components directly, omitting avoidStruts.  This
means

    ewmhDesktopsStartup added to the startupHook
    ewmhDesktopsLogHook added to the logHook
    ewmhDesktopsEventHook and fullscreenEventHook added to the
handleEventHook

You also will need the lowerOnStart = True in your xmobar config.