[xmonad] XMonad.Config.Prime, a monadic config syntax

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 17:09:43 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Devin Mullins <me at twifkak.com> wrote:

> Some situations? As in some platforms that don't carry TH because of a
> dependence on some ghci code?

TH and ghci both rely on a bytecode Haskell interpreter which maintains its
own linker and some other infrastructure; *that* is the fundamental reason
why both ghci and TH are not available on some platforms.

We try to keep the dependencies for xmonad-contrib to some sort of minimum
and bump anything else to xmonad-extras.  I'm not sure this is a scalable
answer (once we get enough things in -extras that it starts sprouting
bizarre dependencies out all corners) but pulling it all back into -contrib
isn't the answer.