[xmonad] fadeInactiveLogHook on dual monitor with nvidia

Robert Sawko robertsawko at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 14:41:56 CEST 2013

Dear All,

I have two Xmonad configurations that are extremely productive for me
and do most if not all of the things I want. One setup is on my latop
and another on my desktop at work. The configurations are very similar
with the exception that the desktop has an nvidia drivers installed and
is running a dual screen.

Basically fadeInactiveLogHook is not working. I would like the inactive
windows to fade slightly as this helps me focus on the right terminal.
Here are the relevant entries from xmonad.hs

myLogHook :: Handle -> X ()

main = do
  , logHook = myLogHook dzenLeftBar >> fadeInactiveLogHook 0.8

Is there anything I should do more? This setup works on my laptop so is
there any known issues with nvidia or dual screen setup? How do I debug
this?

Please advise,
Robert
--