[xmonad] Issue 200 in xmonad: xmonad spins in a tight loop changing focus back and forth

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Feb 14 16:15:05 CET 2013

Comment #19 on issue 200 by allber... at gmail.com: xmonad spins in a tight
loop changing focus back and forth

Right, I wasn't suggesting that as a solution, just as a way to try to
diagnose what's going on.  Unfortunately, this means it's likely a bug in
LibreOffice.  Although, does using EwmhDesktops help as specified by others
here?

Alternately, as an ugly workaround it might be possible to identify just
the LibreOffice dialog windows in the ManageHook and only force those
windows' borders to 0.  Something like (note, I don't have any idea if this
will actually match LibreOffice dialogs, it's just an example)

     className =? "LibreOffice" <&&> stringProperty "WM_WINDOW_ROLE"
=? "dialog" -->
       ask >>= \w -> liftX (withDisplay $ \d -> setWindowBorder d w 0) <+>
idHook