[xmonad] Looking to deploy xmonad to ~20 employees

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 18:24:25 CET 2013

On Mon, 14 Jan, 2013 at 09:15:10 GMT, Thomas Løcke wrote:
>> > 3. How can I change the shift+mod+[c|q] shortcuts to something
>> > insanely impossible? I don't want people killing stuff by mistake.
>>
>> Remove it completely?
>
> I do want to retain the functionality, I just want to make it a bit harder
> to hit those keys by mistake.

There is XMonad.Actions.Submap which allows you to put these as
something like:

    Ctrl-Meta-q y

and

    Ctrl-Meta-k y

if you really want to. I use Ctrl-I locally as a prefix for XMonad so
that other bindings are open for other apps and to minimize damage
caused by wayward cats (I also got hooked on prefixes from the time I
used ratpoison).

--Ben.