[xmonad] Xmonad 0.10, Xfce, Wheezy Stable

Alexander Genaud alex at genaud.net
Fri May 17 04:41:14 CEST 2013

Hello Brandon and Justin,

Your comments were very useful, pointed out my
misunderstandings/mental holes, and lead me on my way to further
research. I started documenting my branching experiments in a vm,
taking screenshots and notes at every step. Before I go off the grid
or run out of steam, I just wanted to say Thanks. Maybe I'll have
something to show for the efforts.

My goal is to understand session managers, be able to dissect, mix and
match the components of various desktop environments. I would like to
have a minimal setup with conveniences such as wifi and not much more.
I may prefer to login via console and start x and xmonad manually. I
also want to support at least one other user who would likely be more
comfortable with xmonad on a full desktop environment.

I've scanned a few years of posts on this list and came across several
relevant threads. Yet I wonder if there are good reference documents
you can recommend describing the components, dis/advantages,
dependencies, required to build a minimal or desktop environment from
scratch? Otherwise, that's what I intend to write, but I'm certainly
not the most experienced guy for the job.

Cheers,
Alex

[ B068 ED90 F47B 0965 2953 9FC3 EE9C C4D5 3E51 A207 ]