[xmonad] Did the latest patch break the build?

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Tue May 28 17:34:46 CEST 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Daniel Wagner <daniel at wagner-home.com> wrote:
> On 2013-05-28 10:43, Carsten Mattner wrote:
>>
>> Did the latest patch break the build for anyone else?
>>
>> Building xmonad-contrib-0.11...
>> XMonad/Util/CustomKeys.hs:66:29: Not in scope: `def'
>

> It works for me with a fresh pull of xmonad and XMonadContrib.
> You'll need the latest xmonad from darcs, though.

I did delete ~/.ghc and ~/.cabal before rebuilding xmonad and
XmonadContrib. Shouldn't XmonadContrib find and use the xmonad
version just built from darcs HEAD? Do you know how it could
believe there's no xmonad and it has to fetch+build from hackage?

Assuming this warning is new do we want to or have to keep it?
XMonad/Core.hs:195:13: Warning:
    This binding for `def' shadows the existing binding
      imported from `Data.Default' at XMonad/Core.hs:40:1-19
      (and originally defined in `data-default-class-0.0.1:
Data.Default.Class')

I will check my build scripts and do more tests later today.