[xmonad] Issue 546 in xmonad: Suggested improvement to CycleRecentWS for multiple screens

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu May 30 04:25:49 CEST 2013

Owner: ----

New issue 546 by ch... at cmears.id.au: Suggested improvement to CycleRecentWS
for multiple screens

XMonad.Action.CycleRecentWS defines a function to cycle through workspaces
according to how recently they were shown.  The code specifically puts the
current workspace at the end (although it is technically the most recent),
which is a good idea.

With multiple screens, the visible workspace on the other screen is then
considered to be the most recent visible workspace, so it switches there
first.  I reckon it should not do this, and instead that workspace should
be demoted to the end of the list, just like the current one.

Here is my suggested change to cycleRecentWS.  I can't be really confident
that I fixed it the right way, but it does seem to work for me.

cycleRecentWS = cycleWindowSets options
  where options w = map (view `flip` w) (recentTags w)
        nscreens w = length (screens w)
        recentTags w = map tag $ drop (nscreens w) (workspaces w) ++ reverse
(take (nscreens w) (workspaces w))