[Yhc] Can't compile

Thiago Arrais thiago.arrais at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 10:11:29 EDT 2006

I am trying to build yhc from source but I get stuck at this error:

gcc -Wall -I. -c -o src/runtime/BCKernel/pretty.o src/runtime/BCKernel/pretty.c
In file included from src/runtime/BCKernel/types.h:5,
                 from src/runtime/BCKernel/hashtable.h:4,
                 from src/runtime/BCKernel/module.h:18,
                 from src/runtime/BCKernel/pretty.c:1:
src/runtime/BCKernel/platform.h:103:17: error: ffi.h: Arquivo ou
diretório não encontrado

(Last message means roughly 'ffi.h: File or directory not found')

I got the source from the repo via darcs get and already tried to
build both using scons and make. The message above was presented while
trying to build via scons, but the make message is very similar.

Is ffi.h some header file that I was supposed to have? This smells
like my machine is somehow messed up. What should I check in my
environment besides the dependencies outlined on the readme.txt?

Thanks in advance,

Thiago Arrais