[Yhc] Libffi

Andrew Wilkinson andrewjwilkinson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 11:37:58 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've recently been working on the scons build system for YHC. You'll
probably have seen the various patches appear in darcs recently :-)

It currently builds successfully on my machine, although there is still
plenty of work to be done especially with regard to the installation.

I'm trying to make the same build scripts work on Windows so we only need to
maintain a single build system rather than different ones for different
platforms, and we get away from the nasty autoconf/automake hackery.

I've hit the problem that libffi currently does not compile using MSVC.
Apparently the people who made the (rather wonderful) ctypes extension for
Python have done some clever stuff and made it work, but as far as I can
tell there is no release where this will work as yet.

I have two questions:
1. Does anyone know where I can get windows-compatiable release of YHC
(source code would be fine)
2. Is libffi optional for YHC, or is it required?

Cheers,
Andrew