[Yhc] Yhc.Core -> Haskell/Javascript/C

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 13:44:21 EST 2006

Hi,

We currently have a Yhc.Core library which does
begining to add some analysis methods into Yhc.Core (saturation,
strictness) where they can be implemented in a way which is not
specific to any particular back end, and are generally useful.

We now also want to add some convertors in, particularly a convertor
to Javascript (which is already written), Haskell (which I have
floating around, and need to refine) and C (I have the start of this
done). The question is where to put them?

I can think of two options:

* Add a corejavascript library, and export Yhc.Core.Javascript from
that, ditto one for each of the convertors.

* Or alternatively add them to the existing Yhc.Core library.

What do people think?

I was also thinking of writing a tool, ycr, which allows these various
analysis methods to be invoked and convertors - mainly for internal
testing and development work.

Thanks

Neil