[Yhc] Cross-compiling YHC for XScale/ARM based WinCE

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 06:18:57 EDT 2007

Iván Pérez Domínguez <iperez at babel.ls.fi.upm.es> wrote:

> I'm using cegcc to compile yhc. Since yhc is written in haskell,
> I used ghc to generate the .hc files, then used cegcc to compile
> them to binary code.

If you bootstrap yhc with ghc, then you will first need to port ghc to
your platform.  The C-code produced by ghc on one platform is not
portable to other platforms, unless you follow the instructions on
cross-compiling ghc.  (This is likely to take a significant amount of
effort.)

Unfortunately, yhc is not yet self-hosting, otherwise it would be much
easier to move it to a new platform.  I do not know whether nhc98 might
suit your needs better?  It can be bootstrapped using just a C compiler,
is self-compilable after that, and includes many more libraries than
yhc.

Regards,
    Malcolm