[Yhc] Visual Studio 2005 gives libc.lib missing errors

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 11:50:25 EST 2007

Hi,

I just tried to compile Yhi on Visual Studio 2005. It failed because
it is missing libc.lib, which MS removed for this version. I managed
to fake this by going to VC\lib and copying libcmt.lib and calling it
libc.lib. I suspect the issue is that the copy of gmp we use
explicitly asks for libc.lib, which breaks this.

So a couple of questions:

1) Anyone know a version of gmp which will work with all VS versions?

2) Has anyone compiled Yhc with VS 2005 before?

Thanks

Neil