[Yhc] scons, libs, etc

Christopher Lane Hinson lane at downstairspeople.org
Wed Jan 10 20:13:39 EST 2007

I have the same problem as this guy:

http://www.mail-archive.com/yhc%40haskell.org/msg00423.html

I would really like to fix this.

1) it always builds the first time
2) it always fails after running scons clean

This is major problem for me, because I need to clean and rebuild to make
sure that my added libraries build correctly.  I have installed working
libs of Data.Map and dependencies including IORef on my machine, but I
can't submit the patch yet because it doesn't build from scratch.  As it
is I have to darcs record and then darcs pull to a fresh repository.

Passing stuff that I don't fully understand to xargs rm -rf does not
appeal to me, [joke or anecdote about yet another accident with rm -rf]!

Second question: is there a preferred way to rebuild Prelude.hi?  I've
been using yhc -c -rebuild -prelude Prelude.hs and copying the result into
bootstrap/.

Third question: is there a standard test suite for the base libraries?  I
couldn't find one in google.  My only test so far is that 5 + 3 = 8 using
modifyIORef to do the addition.

My work so far is here:

http://www.downstairspeople.org/darcs/yhc_clanehin