[Yhc] scons, libs, etc

Christopher Lane Hinson lane at downstairspeople.org
Sun Jan 14 22:00:56 EST 2007

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Neil Mitchell wrote:

> Hi
>
>> Second question: is there a preferred way to rebuild Prelude.hi?  I've
>> been using yhc -c -rebuild -prelude Prelude.hs and copying the result into
>> bootstrap/.
>
> Does this work reliably? Does it have a dependancy on the initial
> Prelude.hi file thats already there?

No.  I encountered exactly the instance Integral problem that Dimitry just
reported.  I spent some time searching for the problem and couldn't figure
it out.

I could make a lot of half-informed observations on this issue.  I'll
restrict myself to this one:

It seems like a design flaw that Prelude.hs is mutually dependent
on several other modules.  My work so far has led me to suspect that
mutually dependent modules are never necessary.  (And always annoying.)

-- Lane