[Yhc] Location of generated files

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:53:12 EDT 2007

Hi

> This sounds like a very reasonable proposal, and I will take it for my
> project as well.

Good :) You are welcome to use the Make library as well - I
deliberately wrote it to target all compilers and Cabal.

> My only concern is that some projects have obj/ dirs containing very
> important sources (3D object models, etc) so we will need to be a bit
> careful in the implementation of clean.

True. I would have thought that few of these projects put Haskell
sources at the root level, then their important objects underneath.
However, if we restrict to cleaning .hi, .hbc etc we should be ok. At
the moment there is no yhc clean command, so it can be done later.

> Also, when you say 3kb yhc-specific - how much of that relates to
> invoking yhc, and how much is for building yhc?

That all relates to invoking Yhc on Haskell files. This mainly
involves building a list of dependent modules, then extracting rules
from this dependency information. The make library is already in the
tree (src/libraries/make), and I'll hopefully have committed the
Make2.hs tonight.

Thanks

Neil