[Yhc] mapping lambda names to code

Kartik Vaddadi itskartik at iitb.ac.in
Fri Jun 22 03:42:33 EDT 2007

Hello,
When I compile a program that contains a lambda, the compiler assigns it
a name like LAMBDA245. Is there any simple way to retrieve the body of
the lambda, in an automated way, perhaps by modifying the compiler?

I'm building a tracer/debugger that shows the structure of the heap,
using a redex trail-like data structure, and it describes indirections
in the heap well, except when lambdas are involved. In the latter case,
the compiler-generated names obviously mean nothing to the user and
don't help him identify which of the lambdas in the code was evaluated.
Is there any easy way to map the name of the lambda to its body (as
Haskell source, not bytecode) without doing a source-to-source
transformation? Thanks.

-Kartik
--
Blogs: http://kartik-log.blogspot.com, http://randomkart.blogspot.com