[Yhc] Re: single element tuple

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 13:10:56 EDT 2008

Hi Tom,

Sorry for not replying - I thought this email was sent to the whole
list, but it appears you just sent it to me.

>  >
>  > Have you done --linkcore to see all the library Core files as well?
>  > They should be created somewhere.
>
>  Yes, I lied again.  Prelude;1() are being created elsewhere.
>
>  I am getting a case failure in my interpreter.  The pattern is
>  Prelude;1(), but the case expression is my System monad.  Is there
>  anything special I need to know regarding primitive functions that
>  return monads?

As far as I was aware, primitive functions don't return monads. I
certainly don't know any underlying details regarding Monads and
primitive functions. Remember that type class dictionaries will be
floating everywhere, and that IO in Yhc is a newtype, so gets removed
- but other than that it could be anything.

Thanks

Neil