[Yhc] What is the status of the "york-compiler98" repo?

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 10:28:20 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have noticed that while the "http://darcs.haskell.org/yhc/" hasn't
been updated since May, the
"http://darcs.haskell.org/york-compiler98/" receives some patches.

Is this the place where the Yhc development is going on now? I see
that PosLambda converter to Yhc Core is there.

While I switched to Hugs as Yhc Core producer for my experiments
(mainly because of better compatibility with modern libraries), I'd be
glad to have Yhc/nhc98 (or whatever is the name these days) in sync.
Does nhc98 have any Yhc Core support?

Hugs is more or less compatible with modern GHC libraries, but Yhc
AFAIR used much older and smaller subset of them. Is libraries support
in york-compiler98 any better than those included with Yhc repo?

Thanks.

PS Since Hugs is now capable of producing Yhc Core, it would be
interesting to see if it can be run on top of nhc98 or Yhc runtime.
This would make a combo of interactive interpreter plus a possibly
faster (than Hugs) runtime.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web