|Copyright||Isaac Jones 2003-2007|
This is a fairly large module. It contains most of the GHC-specific code for
configuring, building and installing packages. It also exports a function
for finding out what packages are already installed. Configuring involves
ghc-pkg programs, finding what language extensions
this version of ghc supports and returning a
getInstalledPackages involves calling the
ghc-pkg program to find out
what packages are installed.
Building is somewhat complex as there is quite a bit of information to take
into account. We have to build libs and programs, possibly for profiling and
shared libs. We have to support building libraries that will be usable by
GHCi and also ghc's
-split-objs feature. We have to compile any C files
using ghc. Linking, especially for
split-objs is remarkably complex,
partly because there tend to be 1,000's of
.o files and this can often be
more than we can pass to the
ar programs in one go.
Installing for libs and exes involves finding the right files and copying them to the right places. One of the more tricky things about this module is remembering the layout of files in the build directory (which is not explicitly documented) and thus what search dirs are used for various kinds of files.
- configure :: Verbosity -> Maybe FilePath -> Maybe FilePath -> ProgramConfiguration -> IO (Compiler, Maybe Platform, ProgramConfiguration)
- getInstalledPackages :: Verbosity -> PackageDBStack -> ProgramConfiguration -> IO InstalledPackageIndex
- buildLib :: Verbosity -> PackageDescription -> LocalBuildInfo -> Library -> ComponentLocalBuildInfo -> IO ()
- buildExe :: Verbosity -> PackageDescription -> LocalBuildInfo -> Executable -> ComponentLocalBuildInfo -> IO ()
- installLib :: Verbosity -> LocalBuildInfo -> FilePath -> FilePath -> FilePath -> PackageDescription -> Library -> ComponentLocalBuildInfo -> IO ()
- installExe :: Verbosity -> LocalBuildInfo -> InstallDirs FilePath -> FilePath -> (FilePath, FilePath) -> PackageDescription -> Executable -> IO ()
- registerPackage :: Verbosity -> InstalledPackageInfo -> PackageDescription -> LocalBuildInfo -> Bool -> PackageDBStack -> IO ()
- hcPkgInfo :: ProgramConfiguration -> HcPkgInfo
- ghcOptions :: LocalBuildInfo -> BuildInfo -> ComponentLocalBuildInfo -> FilePath -> [String]
- ghcVerbosityOptions :: Verbosity -> [String]
Build a library with LHC.
Build an executable with LHC.
install location for dynamic libraries
|-> IO ()|
Install for ghc, .hi, .a and, if --with-ghci given, .o
|-> InstallDirs FilePath|
Where to copy the files to
|-> (FilePath, FilePath)|
|-> IO ()|
Install executables for GHC.