Currying - Curry function

Jon Fairbairn Jon.Fairbairn@cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 11:15:04 +0100

> Hi haskell-cafe,
> >From a non programmer :
> Does someone know the exact source, book, page no etc. where
> Haskell Curry intoduced and developed its concept of a curry
> function.

Currying is to represent a function of multiple arguments as
a function of a single argument that returns a function. So
if f (x, y) =3D F, curry f x is a function that, when applied
to y returns F.

I think that Currying was actually invented by Sch=F6nfinkel,
but it's just mentioned in passing in "=DCber die bausteiner
mathematischen logik" (apologies if spelling is wrong) or in
"Grundlager ..." whatever the other one is called, I can't
remember.

> Is there an exemple of such a function in the Haskell language ?

curry!

-- =

J=F3n Fairbairn                                 Jon.Fairbairn@cl.cam.ac.u=
31 Chalmers Road                                         jf@cl.cam.ac.uk
Cambridge CB1 3SZ            +44 1223 570179 (after 14:00 only, please!)