[Haskell-cafe] Re: package naming policy

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 19:32:59 EDT 2010

Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <
> ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> As part of this, we should consider if we want an official process to do
>> what I've done to kick-off this whole discussion: have a way of telling
>> users "Oj!  New version coming up with heaps of changes!".  Whilst major
>> projects might have their own mailing lists, not all users might be
>> subscribed to them, etc.
>>
>> Should we stick with what I've done and just email haskell@ and
>> haskell-cafe@?
>>

> Yes, and posting to reddit and having an article on planet haskell about it
> helps too.  There are lots of ways to get the same information and using
> more of them will help you reach your audience.

Well, someone else would have to do the posting on reddit for me; I
waste too much time as-is reading it let alone posting there and getting
involved in the discussions on yet another front! ;-)

I'll do up a blog post in the next day or so to get it on planet though.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com