[Haskell-cafe] cabal problem on OS X

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Wed Jun 9 11:08:54 EDT 2010

Jeroen Weijers <jeroenweijers+haskellCafe at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> For me it turned out to be some problem with MacPorts, removing
> MacPorts (with all its installed ports) solved the problem regarding
> ZLib. I assume that a less drastic measure would also work (only
> remove selected ports or remove the ports from your path).

This specific error happens when you try to link with a 64-bit library
from 32-bit GHC. So the odds are good either your flags aren't set right
in /usr/bin/ghc and friends (which was an issue on 6.10), or you're
linking to a non-universal copy of zlib (like the one macports will
build).

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>