[Haskell-cafe] Problems with threading?

Louis Wasserman wasserman.louis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 04:32:31 EDT 2010

Yeah, Control.Parallel would be nice to have.  Heck, ideally I could get the
whole Haskell Platform, which would be a reasonable comparison to the huge
Java and C++ libraries accessible to those languages.

Out of curiosity, though, Haskell's thread-ring implementation just *tumbled
* down the rankings
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u64q/program.php?test=threadring&lang=ghc&id=3.
 Previously, it'd been doing most of its work on a single core, now it's
spread out.  Any ideas for fixin' it?  (I'm going to to try using forkOnIO.)

Louis Wasserman
wasserman.louis at gmail.com
http://profiles.google.com/wasserman.louis