[Haskell-cafe] Announce: hs2dot 0.1.1 - generate graphviz code by analyzing Haskell source code files

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 18:14:42 EDT 2010

Oscar Finnsson <oscar.finnsson at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've just released hs2dot on hackagedb.
>
> It's a small tool that lets you automatically generate graphviz/dot
> code that visualize the relations between data types, types and type
> classes.

This sounds very familiar to my SourceGraph package that's already on
Hackage...

You, however, also add the type signatures to your graph; I have the
sneaking suspicion that this could get too noisy if you also try to
visualise functions in a large module.

> The tool is still far from complete. Better handling of algebraic data
> types and instance declarations are a must. GADTs, data families and
> type synonym families are not yet implemented so they wont turn up.

I, too, still haven't worked out how to deal with GADTs, etc. in my call
graphs.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com