[Haskell-cafe] HaskellWiki and Wikipedia

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Wed Jun 16 20:11:43 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Roman Beslik <beroal at ukr.net> wrote:

> Hi all. There are some notions which are not described in HaskellWiki but
> described in Wikipedia, e.g. "catamorphism". When clicking on a link
> [[catamorphism]] that leads to "create a new page" it would be nice to show
> link to a corresponding Wikipedia page. Also "search in Wikipedia" on the
> search results page.

Both use the mediawiki engine.  I know at one point mediawiki supported a
notion of "interwiki" links.  Perhaps this feature still exists and would
give a way for us to more naturally link to wikipedia articles?

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Links#Interwiki_links

Jason <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Links#Interwiki_links>