[Haskell-cafe] Re: Installing Haskell on OSX

Hamish Mackenzie hamish.k.mackenzie at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 23 02:09:49 EDT 2010

On 23 Jun 2010, at 10:25, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:

> I uninstalled all ports and macports, to try with gtk-osx
>
> Once I did all of this, leksah builds, but leksah-server don't, with problems with version of libgthread2.

I am confused leksah depends on leksah-server so I am not sure how leksah could build but not leksah-server, unless leksah were using some old version of leksah-server installed earlier.

> I'm at "jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap" step of GTK-OSX.
>
> Once the next step ("jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-core") is finished, and all is fine (and really I hope it), there are some consideration, before directly reinstall cabal gtk packages, and reinstall leksah? I ask because it sais thath jhbuild is needed to build gtk apps.

You will also need to
jhbuild build gtksourceview
jhbuild build ige-mac-integration

As for building gtk2hs, I have the following in them .profile and that seems to be enough.
export PATH=/Users/hamish/gtk/inst/bin:~/.cabal/bin:$PATH
export XDG_DATA_DIRS=~/gtk/inst/share
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=~/gtk/inst/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

Alternatively you could probably use 'jhbuild shell' to set up the environment for you.

Then of course you will need to run...

cabal install --reinstall glib
cabal install --reinstall gio
cabal install --reinstall cairo
cabal install --reinstall pango
cabal install --reinstall gtk
cabal install --reinstall gtksourceview

If you do have half installed Leksah libs then run this...
cabal install --reinstall ltk
cabal install --reinstall leksah-server
cabal install --reinstall leksah

You can make Leksah look a bit nicer too with
jhbuild build gtk-engines

Then to your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file (or your ~/.gtkrc.mine file if if appropriate) add something like...

include "/Users/hamish/gtk/inst/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

style "leksah-close-button-style"
{
  GtkWidget::focus-padding = 0
  GtkWidget::focus-line-width = 0
  xthickness = 0
  ythickness = 0
}
widget "*.leksah-close-button" style "leksah-close-button-style"