[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: bitspeak 0.0.1

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Jun 24 16:25:52 EDT 2010

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010, Maurí­cio CA wrote:

>>> bitspeak is a small proof of concept application that allows
>>> writing text using only two commands (yes/no, 1/2, top/down etc.).
>>
>> Looks cool! Did you forget any dependencies tho? I get the following error:
>>

> Oops... Three modules ended up missing in .cabal file. Just
> uploaded 0.0.2 to hackage, it should work.

Two this end, before uploading a package to Hackage I run a script in
order to check whether the package can build:

$ cat cabal-test

package=`basename $1 .tar.gz`

tar xfz ./dist/$package.tar.gz --directory=/tmp/
cd /tmp/$package/
runhaskell Setup configure --user
runhaskell Setup build
runhaskell Setup haddock

echo
echo "'cabal check' says"
cabal check

echo
echo "After running tests you may want to call:"
echo rm -r /tmp/$package/

Run it like

$ cabal-test dist/bitspeak-0.0.1.tar.gz