[Haskell-cafe] Kate: Haskell and Literate Haskell syntax files

Nicolas Wu nicolas.wu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 06:53:13 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I've just finished implementing a complete rewrite of the Haskell and
Literate Haskell files for Kate. This improves the previous version in
many ways:

* Operators are now supported (++, !, >>=, and any other combination
of legal operator characters)
* Special symbols are recognised (=>, <-, ->, ::, ..)
* Unicode support for  →, ←, ∷, ‥,⇒, ∀, ∃
* Support for qualified module functions (List.sort, etc)
* Support for qualified module types
* Refactored Literate Haskell using IncludeRules
* Support for literate code (using > and \begin{code} \end{code})
* Support for literate specifications (using < and \begin{spec} \end{spec})

You can find the most recent snapshot in my github repository [1], and
examples of highlighted syntax using these files at my website [2].

Please let me know if there are any further improvements you can think of,

Nick

[1] http://github.com/zenzike/kate-haskell
[2] http://zenzike.com